- Silvia Alma Piazzolla. degree obtained: Laura Magistrale – LM, Università di Trento (Italy). Dissertation: “Gender bias in commercial MT systems: a comparative evaluation on the MuST-SHE benchmark”, 2022
- Andrea Piergentili , degree obtained: Laurea Magistrale – LM, Lingue e Culture per la Comunicazione e Cooperazione Internazionale, Università dell’Aquila (Italy). Dissertation: “Creation of a multilingual benchmark for the evaluation of gender neutral automatic translation”, 2022
- Francesca Onorato, degree obtained: Laurea in Computer Science, University of Trento (Italy), Dissertation “Segmentation Strategies for End-to-End Simultaneous Speech Translation”, 2021
- Antonio Vespoli, degree obtained: Laurea in Computer Science, University of Trento (Italy), Dissertation: “Data-to-Text: Generating Forecast Bulletins from Raw Data”, 2020
- Andrea Alfieri, degree obtained: Master of Arts – MA, Specialized Translation, U. Bologna-Forlì, 2020
- Nicholas Ruiz, degree obtained: European Master Erasmus Mundus Language & Communication Technologies, Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, 2011.
- Diego Pineda, degree obtained: European Master in Language and Speech, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, 2006. Dissertation: “A Punctuation Detector in Speech Recognition”. Now with SOGETI, Barcelona, Spain.
- Florian Hönig, degree obatined: Master in Electronic Engineering, Erlangen-Nuremberg University, 2005. Dissertation: “Modifications of Perceptual Linear Prediction and the Mel-Frequency Cepstrum”. Now PhD student at Erlangen-Nuremberg University, Germany.
- Michele Vescovi, degree obtained: degree in informatics, U. Trento, Mar 2003. Dissertation: “Algoritmi per la segmentazione audio basati sul criterio di informazione bayesiano: analisi, implementazione e sperimentazione”. Now PhD Student at U. of Trento.
- Erwin Leeuwis, degree obtained: degree in informatics, U. Twente, Feb 2003. Dissertation: “A Language Model for an ASR System for Lectures”. Now at Capgemini, Utrecht Area, Netherlands.
- Nicola Bertoldi, degree obtained: Laurea degree in mathematics, U. Trento, 2000. Dissertation: “Analysis and implementation of Statistical Models for POS tagging”. Now staff researcher at FBK-irst.
- Christian Girardi, degree obtained: degree in informatics, U. Trento, 2000. Dissertation: “Sviluppo di un’interfaccia grafica per un sistema di comunicazione vocale multilingua”. Now at FBK-irst.
Our pick of the week by @lina97337786: "Towards a Deep Understanding of Multilingual End-to-End Speech Translation" by @hrsun42, @YikunLei et al., Findings EMNLP 2023.
#NLP #NLProc #EMNLP2023 #speech #translation #multilingual
🎉 AI-GAP workshop wrapped up yesterday!
Huge thanks to the participants, speakers, and organizers -- we were very happy, as you can see :)
@donatellado @BeatriceSavoldi @costanzalfieri @ECappu Clara Punzi & Laura State
🎊 I'm very happy to share that the paper "Direct Speech Translation for Automatic Subtitling" accepted by the #TACL journal is now published and available at:
#NLP #NLProc #subtitling #speech #translation
📢 @BeatriceSavoldi from @fbk_mt (@FBK_research) is co-organizing the AI GAP Workshop, held in collaboration with @Unipisa, @univaq, and @scuolanormale!
👉 Check the website for more information:
#AI #ArtificialIntelligence #AlgorithmicBias