- Shantanu Nath (University of Trento, Italy), Oct-Dec 2022. Topic: Automatic Evaluation of Speech Translation Systems.
- Francesca Onorato (University of Trento, Italy), Feb 2020-May 2021. Topic: Simultaneous Speech Translation
- Nivranshu Pasricha (University of Galway, Ireland), Jun-Nov 2021. Topic: Neural machine translation for data-to-text generation tasks.
- Alberto Martinelli, University of Trento, Sept-Dec 2020.
- Erick Garcia Chavez, University of Trento, Sept-Dec 2020.
- Giuseppe Martucci, University of Trento, Sept- Nov 2020.
- Sara Papi, University of Siena, July-Oct 2020.
- Antonio Vespoli, University of Trento, Feb-Sept 2020.
- Dan Nguyen, University of Edinburgh, Aug-Nov 2019. Topic: non-parametric domain adaptation.
- Beatrice Savoldi, University of Trento, June-Oct 2019. Topic: creation of a multi-lingual data set for the evaluation of gender bias in Speech Translation.
- Viet Nguyen, University of Trento, Jul-Aug 2019. Topic: instance-based adaptation for machine translation.
- Andrea Alfieri, University of Bologna, Jul-Aug 2019. Topic: evaluation of different speech-to-text machine translation systems.
- Vahid Asadi, University of Siena, July 2019. Topic: terminology in machine translation.
- Vladislav Karyukin, Al-Farabi, Kazakh National University Kazakhstan . Jun-Jul 2019, Topic: cross lingual sentiment classification.
- Randy Scansani, University of Bologna, Jan-Feb 2019. Topic: Machine translation for institutional academic texts: output quality, terminology translation and post-editor trust.
- Roberto Dessi, University of Trento, Jul-Dec 2018. Topic: neural network-based models for Speech Translation
- Aliia Erofeeva, Saint Petersburg State University, Russia, Mar-May 2018. Topic: domain adaptation in neural machine translation
- Mara Chinea Rios, University of Valencia, Spain, Jul-Sep 2016. Topic: Unsupervised clustering of commercial domains for adaptive machine translation
- Costanza Conforti, Ludwig-Maximilian University, Munich, Germany. Jul-Oct 2016. Topic: Neural Machine Translation
- Mattia di Gangi, University of Palermo, Italy, Aug-Sep 2016. Topic: Neural machine translation
- Vevake Balaraman, University of Trento, Italy, Jul-Sep 2016. Topic: Neural machine translation
- Gebremedhen Yebrehu, University of Trento, Italy, July-Oct 2016. Topic: Automatic post editing
- Safà El Koura, University of Trento, Italy, Aug-Sep 2016. Topic: Manual annotation of terminology in the MMT benchmark
- Lucas Bechberger, Karlsruhe Institut of Technology, Oct 2015 – Mar 2016. Topic: Text generation.
- Masoud Jalili Sabet, University of Tehran, Iran, Jul-Oct 2015. Topic: TMop: Translation Memory open-source purifier
- Lorenzo De Mattei, University of Pisa, Italy, Aug-Sep 2015. Topic: Comparison of a Continuous Space Word Alignment Model to FastAlign
- Nihal Yagmur Aydin, Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey, Jul-Aug 2015. Topic: Speech-to-Text on Android
- Ondrej Klejch, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic, Jul-Aug 2015. Topic: Client/server architecture for stream-based speech transcription web-service
- Maria Giulia Zen, University of Trento, Italy, Aug-Oct 2014. Topic: Development and distribution of online linguistic resources
- Marion Weller, University of Stuttgart, Germany, Jul-Sep 2014. Topic: Building of an automatic post editor learned from human post editions
- Hamed Zamani, University of Tehran, Iran, Jul-Sep 2014. Topic: Quality estimation for automatic speech recognition systems
- Daniel Torregrosa Rivero, University of Alicante, Spain, Jun-Sep 2014. Topic: Automatic classification of machine translation output errors
- Quang Vinh Dang, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands, Jul-Aug 2014. Topic: Mobile application for Content Processing
- Lisa Beinborn, University of Darmstadt, Germany, Jul-Aug 2014. Topic: Large-Scale Distributed Language Models
- Vanessa Hanschke, University of Edinburgh, Undergraduate Student, 2014. Topic: Analyzing human post-editing in a CAT tool environment
- Amandyk Kartbayev, Almaty English Kazakh MT University, PhD student, Nov 2013 – Feb 2014. Topic: Machine Translation
- Antonin Delpeuch, bachelor student, ENS Paris, France, Jun-Aug 2013. Topic: Machine Translation
- Ales Tamchyna, PhD student, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic, Jun-Jul 2013. Topic: Machine Translation
- Antonios Anastasopoulos, master student, University of Ioannina, Greece, Jul-Aug 2013. Topic: Quality Estimation for Machine Translation
- Michael Arcan PhD student, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland, Jul-Aug 2013. Topic: Terminology for Machine Translation
- Dieke Oele, bachelor student, University of Anvers, Belgium, Aug-Sept 2013, Topic: ASR tools for Dutch
- Ondrej Platek, Charles University (Prague), master student. Jul-Sep 2012. Topic: Incremental MT adaptation
- Miquel Esplà-Gomis, University of Alicante, Spain, Jun-Sep 2012. Topic: Weighting lexical (mis-)alignments for cross-lingual textual entailment
- Roger Leitzke Granada, Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil, Jun-Aug 2012. Topic: Building cross-lingual distributional similarity models from Wikipedia.
- Alina Petrova (University of Dresden, Germany). Jun-Sep 2011, Topic: “Textual Entailment with Richer Linguistic Features”.
- Joannis Klasinas, master student, U. of Creete, Jun-Sep 2010. Topic: statistical machine translation
Mark Sinclair, master student, U. of Glasgow, UK Jan-Ott 2010.Topic: speech recognition.
- Maria Nadejde, master student, U. Bolzano, Italy, Jul-Sep 2010. Topic: Class-based LMs for improving decoding efficiency in phrase-based SMT.
- Lamar Payson, master student, U. Bolzano, Italy, Jul-Aug 2010. Topic: Online Discriminative Training for feature-based SMT systems.
- Stefania Tabarelli, master student, ISIT Trento, Italy, Sep-Oct 2009. Topic: speech transcription.
- Elena Bresolin, master student, ISIT Trento, Italy, Sep-Oct 2009. Topic: speech transcription.
- Septina Larasati, master student, U. Bolzano, Jul-Aug 2009. Topic: statistical machine translation.
- F. A. Salim, master student, U. Bolzano, Jul-Aug 2009. Topic: statistical machine translation.
- German Sanchis-Trilles, phd student, UP Valencia, Spain, Jun-Sep 2009. Topic: statistical machine translation.
- Md. Faisal Mahbub Chowdhury (Free University of Bolzano), Apr-Aug 2008. Topic: “Expected Answer Type Recognition using Support Vector Machines”.
- Madalina Barbaiani, phd student, U.Tarragona, Spain. May-Aug 2008. Topic: statistical machine translation.
- Christian Hardmeier, master student, U. Zurich, Swizerland, Jul-Aug 2008. Topic: statistical machine translation.
- Jana Goetze, master student, U. Potsdam, Germany, 15 Jan-17 Feb 2007. Topic: evaluation of machine translation.
- Ioannis Klasinas, master student, U. Creete, Greece. Jun-Jul 2006. Topic: statistical machine translation.
- Janis Petersons, master student, U. Bozen, Italy. 8 Jun-21 Jul 2006. Topic: statistical machine translation.
Our pick of the week by @lina97337786: "Towards a Deep Understanding of Multilingual End-to-End Speech Translation" by @hrsun42, @YikunLei et al., Findings EMNLP 2023.
#NLP #NLProc #EMNLP2023 #speech #translation #multilingual
🎉 AI-GAP workshop wrapped up yesterday!
Huge thanks to the participants, speakers, and organizers -- we were very happy, as you can see :)
@donatellado @BeatriceSavoldi @costanzalfieri @ECappu Clara Punzi & Laura State
🎊 I'm very happy to share that the paper "Direct Speech Translation for Automatic Subtitling" accepted by the #TACL journal is now published and available at:
#NLP #NLProc #subtitling #speech #translation
📢 @BeatriceSavoldi from @fbk_mt (@FBK_research) is co-organizing the AI GAP Workshop, held in collaboration with @Unipisa, @univaq, and @scuolanormale!
👉 Check the website for more information:
#AI #ArtificialIntelligence #AlgorithmicBias